What information I collect about you
I collect contact information about you when you get in touch with me so I can get back to you. I also collect some necessary personal information if you decide to sign up for my services.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I will collect the following personal information:
• Your name
• The best way to contact you: your telephone number, email address or both.
• To allow me to be able to provide better information, you can also tell me about
1. Your fitness/health goals
2. Your sports background and your injury/health history.
3. Your current lifestyle
If you do sign up to my services I will collect further information about you such as:
• Contact information – address, email address, telephone number, and home address.
• Legally required information: date of birth.
• Optional information: social media contact information.
• Medical information – legally required for my services: PAR-q, treatment consultation form, health screening class form.
• Medical information: Injury, illness and previous treatment history to allow me to conduct my services safely and effectively.
• Fitness and health goals: so I can tailor my services to you.
• Optional: Photos and videos: I may take photos and videos during your training/class sessions and to document your results but only if you are happy with it. If you did not opt in/consent to be on my photos and videos I make sure that you are not on these at all. I will not publish these outside of the organisation unless you have given me permission to do so on an individual basis (which means you are allowed to see the photos we would like to publish about you and ensure that you are happy with them being published).
The above information (unless stated optional) is necessary for me to be able to provide my services to you. It is a legal requirement for me to obtain the above information, or I cannot provide my services to you without it.
How do I use your information (Purpose of processing)
I am going to use your name and contact details to contact you regarding your enquiry.
I am going to use your specified contact details to contact you regarding your appointments.
I will use your information provided to provide to you the best services possible from those that I provide.
I will use your information provided to sign post you outside of my scope where I see fit with your signed consent.
I will not share your details with third Parties without your signed consent.
I do not use your data for automated decision making- I do not have automated decision making processes.
I would love for you to stay in touch, so if you agree, I will also keep you in the loop about what is happening at N J Fitness via an email newsletter.
If you have not opted to receive marketing from me, you can do so by sending an email asking to opt in or by giving permission via a form.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have the right to stop me from contacting you for marketing purposes.
To opt out you can email or unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter email.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information held please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask me to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Legal basis of processing
This section contains the legal basis of processing your data.
• Using your contact information to get back to you when you contact me: Consent
• Using your contact information for marketing purposes: Consent (I will only do this if you consent to it).
• Using your contact information (as an active client) to contact you about your appointments: contract
• Medical information: Contract (I am required by law to collect this information so you can legally use my services).
• Fitness/health/goals: Contract
• Photos & videos: consent
Recipients of your personal data
Sharing your data outside of Nicola Will @ N J Fitness (photos, videos, signposting) will only happen with your explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
I retain your information as long as it is relevant and for a period of 7 years after in case it is needed for legal purposes. This means I retain information you provided me when you signed up with me and throughout the time period of using my services for 7 years after you stopped using my services. In case you decide not to sign up to my services I do not retain your medical information and fitness/health information. If you opt in to marketing communications I will only process your information until you opt out (which you have the right to do at any time).
If you’d like know more about your rights, please see here:
• The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data (This page does just that).
• The right to access: You have the right to access data I hold about you.
• The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
• The right of erasure: You have the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
• The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. In this case I will store the personal data, but not use it.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
• Right to object: You have the right to object to stop your data being used for direct marketing.
• Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling: As I do not have automated decision making or profiling systems this is not applicable.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority: The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will be the supervisory authority and you can get in touch with them via their website:
You can request myself to provide you the personal data I hold about you, to rectify or complete your personal data, to restrict processing, to port your data or to object verbally (just ask) or in writing. I have a month to respond to your request.
How to contact me
Name & contact details of the organisation, representative & data protection officer
Nicola Will @ N J Fitness
17a South Street